Rights Respecting Charter
Walthamstow Primary Academy has adopted the Rights Respecting approach to education, in accordance with the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child (UNCRC). We recognise and promote the rights of every child and prioritise their well-being above everything else. We aim to create a safe and nurturing learning environment that promotes excellence, equality, diversity, and respect.
Aims and Objectives:
Our Rights Respecting policy aims to:
- Embed a culture of respect, understanding, and compassion for every child
- Enable children to learn effectively and confidently in a safe and supportive environment
- Give children a voice and involve them in decision-making processes that affect their lives
- Prepare children for responsible citizenship and active participation in their communities
- Encourage partnership between parents, staff, governors, and external agencies to promote the best interests of children
Our School Council provides a channel for the pupils' voice and gives them the opportunity to openly discuss their thoughts and ideas with their peers and school leaders. The School Council meets regularly, and actions are shared with the wider community. Members of the council are democratically elected and take part in training to support their role.